If there’s one thing that keep us all entertained and the Perak Constitutional Crisis still in play, it’s because the Speaker, V Sivakumar, has not been bought yet by the federal government known as BN (Barisan Nasional). And let’s hope this Sivakumar has the balls of steel and stays that way. The Perak state legislative assembly speaker V. Sivakumar has just suspended Menteri Besar Zambry Abdul Kadir and his six executive council (exco) members from attending the state legislative assembly for a period of 18 months and 12 months respectively – for contempt of the assembly.
Whoa! This drama is indeed better than making 100% profit in stock investing. Who would have thought that the Speaker post that was previously dominated by BN and “equipped” with such a power would one day fall into the hand of opposition and in turn being used to embarrass the BN instead? Maybe the karma has finally comes and it’s true that whatever goes around comes around. Of course the most fortunate thing was that the traitor former DAP Jelapang assemblywoman Hee Yit Foong who betrayed her party in exchange for more than RM20 million (and the pending Toyota Camry) was not the Speaker else it would be almost game-over for PR (Pakatan Rakyat). It’s funny that the architect (Najib Razak) who plotted the downfall of PR government in Perak could miss out this important aspect.
But now the question is whether the latest action by the Speaker to suspend the assemblymen without first bringing it before the assembly is legitimate. Rest assures that Najib Razak will have restless night burning the midnight oil to re-strategize a new plan in response to the latest counter-attack by the PR. Will the people be amazed once again with another round of dirty politics from the federal government? Now that the PR has regained its majority of 28 seats against BN’s 24 seats (with 7 seats suspended) will the Sultan of Perak reverse his earlier decision to have another round of Menteri Besar (Chief Minister) swearing ceremony? Gosh! This is getting ridiculous.
It will paint a foolish picture on the Ruler if such “now you see it, now you don’t” in relation to the Menteri Besar were to continue. Won’t it be wise for the Ruler to dissolve the assembly and return the power to choose a new government to the people initially? Of course business and money speaks louder than thunder but at the same time to sacrifice the Royal’s dignity? Sometimes you just got to admire the wonders money can do to human being. So what are the options Najib has now that the ball is in his court?
- Perform the David Copperfield magic again – Perak Speaker V. Sivakumar somehow has to disappear and there’s nobody that has master such skill-sets other than Najib’s team themselves.
- Re-use the controversial but highly effective ISA – Forcefully arrest Perak Speaker V.Sivakumar under the pretext that he needs to be protected as the government intelligence received information that Sri Lanka guerillas are on their way onboard AirAsia Airbus A320 to kidnap Sivakumar *convincing huh?*.
- Money speaks volume – Offer RM100 million cash to V.Sivakumar plus two units of Camry and penthouse with KLCC view. Throw in a Deputy Menteri Besar post if he’s still stubborn. In addition he has the option to own 20 hectares of land beside Samy Vellu’s in Australia for a token of RM1 Ringgit.
- Declare State Emergency in Perak – the fastest way to control the state indefinitely. With police, army, judicial at its disposal nobody dares to threaten or question the federal government decision. Highly unlikely and foolish to opt for this option.
- Deface V.Sivakumar personality – pay RM500 bucks to a photoshop specialist to doctor V.Sivakumar’s photo with a local Bollywood actress in a sexual intercourse position. In hours you’ve another Elizabeth Wong’s nude photos scandal. Now get Samy Vellu (Khir Toyo needs to rest) to demand V. Sivakumar’s resignation *simple huh?*.
Whatever it is Speaker V. Sivakumar and his immediate family members have to be protected by PR guards because he’s now the hottest celebrity in town. Boy! This guy needs security that even the President Barack Obama might not enjoy. This bring the next question – will PR seeks audience with Sultan of Perak to dissolve the assembly and lets the people decide on the new government once and for all? What will the Sultan of Perak decision be?
Other Articles That May Interest You …
- What can Najib do to increase Rating and win Voters?
- Go get Kedah and Selangor. Then focus on economy, deal?
- Dirty Politics and Economy – Choose Wisely, Najib
- Perak, PR, BN and Gamuda – It’s all about Business, Stupid