Paul the Octopus was the football star for accurately predicting the results of matches in the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Paul correctly chose the winning team in four of Germany’s six Euro 2008 matches, and all seven of their matches in the 2010 World Cup – including Germany’s third place play-off win over Uruguay.
The German octopus would have been a celebrity today because it might be able to tell who will win the U.S. 2016 Presidential Election. Too bad it died on October 2010 aged 2. Until today, experts are still puzzled over Paul’s brilliance. However, the animal rights organisation PETA commented that octopuses are some of the most intelligent of invertebrates – with complex thought processes.
Talking about intelligence, are octopuses smarter than monkeys? Clearly, monkeys are smarter; otherwise “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” film would have been “Rise of the Planet of the Octopussy” instead. Punters or gamblers who are looking for some sort of omens or predictions to make some fast bucks out of the current sizzling hot presidency contest might have the answer.
Like Americans, the Chinese would like to know who will ultimately win the White House too. Although the intention could be more towards making some money through betting, the Chinese have their own Paul, in the form of a monkey. While Paul the Octopus was fed mussel or oyster to predict football results, this monkey wasn’t fed anything.
Instead, this monkey in Changsha, Hunan province of south central China was presented with two cardboards cut-out of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. The monkey, wearing a T-shirt with the characters “King of Prediction” chose Trump by kissing the cardboard of the Republican presidential candidate.
It was actually a game held by the tourist resort to predict the next President of the United States. Still, the question remains whether the monkey could really see the future, and its prediction on Trump was just the beginning of something bigger, similar to Paul the Octopus, or it was merely monkeying with Trump.
Coincidently, billionaire Warren Buffett had previously mocked Donald Trump using monkey as his object too. In an appearance with Hillary Clinton, the Oracle of Omaha told Americans that a monkey throwing a dart at the stock market page would have returned greater gains than Trump did with his casinos business, which turned to penny stock and declared bankrupt.
Other Articles That May Interest You …
- FBI Broke Ranks – Reopens Clinton’s Email Scandal, Dragging Lesbian Lover Huma Abedin
- Rigged!! – Here’s How Democrats Will Cheat & Steal The Election For Hillary Clinton
- WikiLeaks: Hillary Clinton’s Email – Saudi And Qatar Are Funding Terrorist ISIS
- Hillary Clinton Declares WAR On The Rich – “65% Tax” – But Here’s Why It Won’t Work
- Clinton’s 911 Drama – Collapses, Losses Shoes, Thrown Into Back Seat
- Hillary Caught Wearing “EarPods” – Hearing Loss Due To Parkinson’s / Alzheimer’s
- Medically Unfit – Hillary Clinton Could Be Suffering From Parkinson’s / Alzheimer’s
- 10 Business Philosophy Billionaire Trump Disagreed With Billionaire Buffett
- No Wonder Putin Laughs At America – F.B.I. & A.G. Cover-Up Clinton Scandal