As we slowly start our journey into the year 2015, we couldn’t help but wonder if we have make any significant scientific discoveries last year. Like it or not, before the discoveries of internet, cell phones and later smartphones, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and of course, selfie, we used to be proud homo sapiens in the area of science. Mind you, we’re not talking about mobile technology or apps that have created some billionaires such as Alibaba Jack Ma.
Essentially, we’re talking about biology, space, medical, astrophysics, chemistry, genetics, neuroscience, physics. That’s the basic science fundamental which we all learned at school at certain point of time. For example, while you were busy facebooking about bad boy Justin Bieber last year, somebody had discovered a new chemical compound – element 117 – known as Ununseptium, with atoms weighing 40% more than an atom of lead.
Scientists in the Netherlands had successfully used diamonds to achieve reliable quantum teleportation for first time with a replication rate of 100%. No, not beaming humans aboard the USS Enterprise, but the teleportation of data. Scientists also have managed to turn human skin cells capable of attacking diseased or cancerous cells. Here’re top-48 awesome science discoveries in 2014 – four each for every month – compiled by Alex Klokus.
Other Articles That May Interest You …
- Reason Why People Get Cancer Found – It’s Purely Bad Luck
- Mystery Solved!! – Why Certain People Say & Do The Stupidest Things
- Revealed – Why Facebook Mark Zuckerberg Wears The Same Shirt Every Day
- Admission!! – Apple CEO Tim Cook Is Proud To Be iGay
- Another Reason To Eat More Chocolate – It Can Reverse Memory Loss
- Here’s A Cure For Hepatitis-C. The Price, $1000-A-Pill
- Rebuild Teeth With £10 Toothpaste, Here’s The Catch …